POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Warning question Server Time
5 Sep 2024 06:19:55 EDT (-0400)
  Warning question (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Hershel Robinson
Subject: Warning question
Date: 15 Oct 2001 07:05:37
Message: <3bcac301@news.povray.org>
Why does the following code generate a:
Warning: Unnecessary bounding object removed.
for each tile in the road?  (POV-Ray 3.5 beta 6)

Thanks,
Hershel

Code:

#declare TileSize = 8;
#declare I = -30;
#declare Road =
union {
   #while (I<=400)
      #declare J = -50;
      #while (J<=50)
         plane { y, -20
            bounded_by { box { <J,-30,I>, <J+TileSize,0,I+TileSize> } }
            clipped_by { bounded_by }
         }
         plane { y, -20
            bounded_by { box { <J+TileSize,-30,I+TileSize>,
<J+TileSize*2,0,I+TileSize*2> } }
            clipped_by { bounded_by }
         }
         #declare J=J+TileSize*2;