POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Warning question : Re: Warning question Server Time
5 Sep 2024 04:17:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Warning question
From: Hershel Robinson
Date: 15 Oct 2001 16:23:17
Message: <3bcb45b5@news.povray.org>
> It seems that it would render faster without the manual bounding. If you
do
> not want that povray removes your bounding object, then use the '-UR'
> switch. This will also remove the warnings.

You are correct--55 seconds with bounding and 41 without bounding, i.e. I
removed the bounded_by statements myself.  Do you know why it's faster
without them?

>Why are you using clipped planes instead of simpler boxes?

Well, this 'road' used to be a tiled floor in a room.  As the scene
progressed, I removed the walls and wanted to make half the tiles clear.
The clipped planes was just the first idea which came to mind--it's sort of
the evolution of the floor-plane.

Thanks for responding,
Hershel