POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : is POV Ray suited for my problem??? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 06:15:20 EDT (-0400)
  is POV Ray suited for my problem??? (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Radboud Nelissen
Subject: is POV Ray suited for my problem???
Date: 9 Oct 2001 10:51:45
Message: <3bc30f01$1@news.povray.org>
Hi, I am trying to simulate a gas sphere surrounded by water under a
micrscope, but am running into a few problems.

** Is POV Ray the sort of program best suited for this type of ray tracing
effort? **

Are there perhaps others ray trace programs more based on lens definition,
but with the possibility to identify an object. This seems to be an option
that is missing on programs like WinLens or OSLO.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Radboud Nelissen
Erasmus University Rotterdam

Post a reply to this message

"Radboud Nelissen" <rad### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
> Hi, I am trying to simulate a gas sphere surrounded by water under a
> micrscope, but am running into a few problems.
>
> ** Is POV Ray the sort of program best suited for this type of ray tracing
> effort? **
>
> Are there perhaps others ray trace programs more based on lens definition,
> but with the possibility to identify an object. This seems to be an option
> that is missing on programs like WinLens or OSLO.
>
> Anyone have any ideas?

What sort of problems are you having with Pov?

It might be an idea to post some of your code and/or images (images should go to
binaries.images), or give more specific info. as to what type of image you are
trying to produce.