POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : is POV Ray suited for my problem??? : is POV Ray suited for my problem??? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 04:19:21 EDT (-0400)
  is POV Ray suited for my problem???
From: Radboud Nelissen
Date: 9 Oct 2001 10:51:45
Message: <3bc30f01$1@news.povray.org>
Hi, I am trying to simulate a gas sphere surrounded by water under a
micrscope, but am running into a few problems.

** Is POV Ray the sort of program best suited for this type of ray tracing
effort? **

Are there perhaps others ray trace programs more based on lens definition,
but with the possibility to identify an object. This seems to be an option
that is missing on programs like WinLens or OSLO.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Radboud Nelissen
Erasmus University Rotterdam