POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Colored Shadows? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 08:17:20 EDT (-0400)
  Colored Shadows? (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Hershel Robinson
Subject: Colored Shadows?
Date: 14 Aug 2001 14:49:04
Message: <3b7972a0@news.povray.org>
I hate to monopolize this newsgroup, but no one else is really asking
questions, so here I go again.

As I mentioned, I am trying to make web page buttons as my first POV
project.  I have so far nice-looking buttons, but I want a little more.  I
actually got the idea of using an engraving effect from here:
http://arena.cwnet.com/povdocs/pov51.htm
but I haven't quite gotten what I want.

I can get the letters to appear to be cut out of the button, but when I do
it, I lose the green color of the letters, I presume because most of the
engraved letter is in shadow and so it shows up black.  Do you know how I
can create this engraved effect and yet still retain the full color of the
letters?

Thank you, I appreciate your help,
Hershel

My code (without any fancy color manipulations):

#include "colors.inc"
#include "textures.inc"

#declare Cam3 = camera { location<3.1,2,-7>
                         look_at <3.1,2,0>}
camera{Cam3}

light_source{<-12,15,-15> color White}

blob {
    threshold .65

    cylinder { <0,0  ,0>, <6,0  ,0>, 1, 1 }
    cylinder { <0,.5 ,0>, <6,.5 ,0>, 1, 1 }
    cylinder { <0,1  ,0>, <6,1  ,0>, 1, 1 }

//    pigment { Blue }
   pigment { rgb <0.1 , 0.5, .9>  }
    finish { phong 1 }

    translate .65*z
}

text { ttf "timrom.ttf" "View Pipeline" .1, 0

    pigment { Black}

    translate <0, .20, 0.03>

    finish { diffuse .9 }

     }