POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Colored Shadows? : Re: Colored Shadows? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 06:19:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Colored Shadows?
From: Micha Riser
Date: 14 Aug 2001 16:10:06
Message: <ha0cl9.1kj.ln@micha.riser>
Hershel Robinson wrote:
> I have tested it and the problem I described in my first letter, with the
> shadows being black and not green, is precisely the problem with the
> scene.

Okay, I rendered it. It is just that the black area lies in shadow and
therefore is black. There are various ways to avoid the problem. The
easiest is probably to use 'ambient' in the finish.

So use
  finish{diffuse 0.3 ambient .7}
for the text's finish. Try some different combination for the two values.

Other possibilities would be:
- change the lighting, so that the cut out is everywhere lit (several light
sources, aera light)
- make the cutting out less deep
- use radiosity

Micha

--
Ceterum censeo Microsoft esse dividendum.