POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Why does this look totally different today than it did in 1997? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 12:22:44 EDT (-0400)
  Why does this look totally different today than it did in 1997? (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: John M  Dlugosz
Subject: Why does this look totally different today than it did in 1997?
Date: 10 Mar 2001 22:08:03
Message: <3aaaec13@news.povray.org>
The picture seen at http://green.dlugosz.com/files/lamp1.3.jpg is a
re-render of http://www.dlugosz.com/Artwork/POV/lamp1.JPG which was made in
1997.  Someone else here helped me with a first cut of turning the halo into
a media, but

1) with MegaPOV, the floor looks different.  It looks fine if I turn off
"version unofficial", so what difference is making T_Stone9 come out wrong?

2) the brightness of the glass is different.  Same look with "unofficial"
turned on or off.  (walls are exactly the same, so it's not gamma
adjustment)

3) there is a bright stripe on the floor where there was a dark stripe
(shadow) before.  What??

Source file at http://green.dlugosz.com/files/lamp1.3.pov

Thanks,
--John