POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Why does this look totally different today than it did in 1997? : Re: Why does this look totally different today than it did in 1997? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 10:30:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why does this look totally different today than it did in 1997?
From: Bob H
Date: 10 Mar 2001 22:33:13
Message: <3aaaf1f9@news.povray.org>
It's the caustics in the glass texture.  Don't know why it would have been
dark in regular POV though.  I thought it could only be the transmit of
either the media container of the glass texture but the glass is filtered
instead.  And I changed the media container to rgbf and it made no
difference.  So, it is the caustics 1 making the bright shadow.  Probably
the fact that the stone texture is layered and that has changed to have
transmitted pigments instead of filtered ones.  That meaning the underlying
layers show through much more unchanged.  At least this is what I remember.

Bob H.