POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : calling macros from an include file. Server Time
4 Sep 2024 16:11:01 EDT (-0400)
  calling macros from an include file. (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Dawn McKnight
Subject: calling macros from an include file.
Date: 1 Sep 2002 16:27:39
Message: <3D727839.8000400@earthlink.net>
I'm trying to use the round box macros from shapes.inc.  In my code,
I've got:

#include "shapes.inc"

Round_Box(<-17.5, 0, -64>, <17.5, 12, 10>, 1, yes),

But when I go to render, I get:

Expected 'object or directive', undeclared identifier 'Round_Box' found
instead

File shtest.pov line 29

This is driving me bats!  I'm using 3.5 for Mac, under OS X, 10.1.

Am I doing the include wrong?  Calling the macro improperly?  I looked
in the documentation, but it seems to say you can call a macro just by
invoking the name.

Today's 'help an idiot' day!  Aren't you glad I've given you this chance
to celebrate it?

Post a reply to this message

> I'm trying to use the round box macros from shapes.inc.  In my code,
> I've got:
>
> [...]
>
> Am I doing the include wrong?  Calling the macro improperly?  I looked
> in the documentation, but it seems to say you can call a macro just by
> invoking the name.

Make sure you have the POV-Ray include file path in your Library_Path and
you don't have a different file named 'shapes.inc' included instead.

Christoph

--
POV-Ray tutorials, IsoWood include,
Last updated 13 Aug. 2002 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______

Post a reply to this message

Have you wrapped the call to this macro in an object statement?

object { Round_Box.....
}

Bill P.

> I'm trying to use the round box macros from shapes.inc.  In my code,
> I've got:
>
> #include "shapes.inc"
>
> Round_Box(<-17.5, 0, -64>, <17.5, 12, 10>, 1, yes),
>
> But when I go to render, I get:
>
> Expected 'object or directive', undeclared identifier 'Round_Box' found
> instead
>
> File shtest.pov line 29

Post a reply to this message