POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : layered slope Server Time
5 Sep 2024 02:20:06 EDT (-0400)
  layered slope (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Anton Sherwood
Subject: layered slope
Date: 18 May 2002 03:43:06
Message: <3CE605E8.65625A5E@pobox.com>
I've been using a `sky' with all 8 primary colors arranged at the
vertices of a cube, with black at the nadir, RGB below the `horizon',
CMY above the `horizon', and white at zenith.  (See the link below for
some examples.)

I'd like to do the same thing on an object, using layered slope
functions, but it's not working.  I tried:

        pigment {
		slope x
		color_map { [ 0 rgbt <1,1,1,1> ] [ 1 rgbt <1,0,0,0> ] }
		}
        pigment {
		slope y
		color_map { [ 0 rgbt <1,1,1,1> ] [ 1 rgbt <0,1,0,0> ] }
		}
        pigment {
		slope z
		color_map { [ 0 rgbt <1,1,1,1> ] [ 1 rgbt <0,0,1,0> ] }
		}

I didn't expect this to come out perfect on the first try, but I didn't
expect to see nothing but blue, either.

--
Anton Sherwood, http://www.ogre.nu/doodle.html

Post a reply to this message