POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Rendering for textures? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 12:22:45 EDT (-0400)
  Rendering for textures? (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Simon Lemieux
Subject: Rendering for textures?
Date: 14 Mar 2001 17:33:55
Message: <3AAFF1EB.E4BD0460@yahoo.com>
Hi,
  I just made my first OpenGL game, I called it InfinityTron and I haven't
released it yet (still got some bugs to fix), but it is mostly a remake of the
Classic Tron, and I have a few textures I made with povray, but I had some
difficulties:

  For rendering textures, I like to use an ambient lighting so the texture can
be repeated without problems.  I also like to use an orthographic camera, so the
image on the borders is not angled and can be repeated again with no problems,
however, I have some trouble figuring how to use the orthographic camera...

  Say I want to draw a 128x128 image, I will tell that to povray when rendering.
  Say I want the image to go from xy:(-1, -1) to xy:(1,1) I would use:
camera {
  orthographic
  right 1 // or 2? or what?
  up 1    // or 2/ or what?
  location theLoc
  look_at theLookat
}

If I try rendering a box { -1, 1 }, it is full screen, however to have the full
box in the image I have to set the box to something like scale 0.56 or something
like that...

I think something is not right...

Have any ideas?
  Thanks,