POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : How do I make a Hightfield with an Isosurface? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 14:16:20 EDT (-0400)
  How do I make a Hightfield with an Isosurface? (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Marc-Hendrik Bremer
Subject: How do I make a Hightfield with an Isosurface?
Date: 6 Jan 2001 08:36:44
Message: <3a571f6c@news.povray.org>
Hi!

I'm trying to make sort of an relief from a picture. It works okay as an
Hightfield, but I want to give it some additional structures. So I try to
make an Isosurface out of the image using a pigment-function with an
image_map. For some reason it does not work.
It is probably nothing difficult, but I can't get it. I bet it's one of
those "orientation in 3D"-mistakes, but I tried quiet a few things and get

This is my pigment:
#declare HundFN=
function{
    pigment{
       image_map{
         png "Hund-Hf.png" // the file to read (iff/gif/tga/png/sys)
         map_type 0 // 0=planar, 1=spherical, 2=cylindrical, 5=torus
         interpolate 2 // 0=none, 1=linear, 2=bilinear, 4=normalized
distance
         once
       } // image_map
    rotate x*-90
    }
}

and my function-call in the isosurface:
isosurface {
     function { z
                -0.5*(HundFN((x)/20,(y)/20,0))
              }

     method 2
     eval
     accuracy 0.001
     contained_by{box {<-10.1,-10.1,-1.5>,<10.1,10.1,1.5>}}
     texture{
        pigment{rgb 1}
     }
 }