POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : error in help file Server Time
5 Sep 2024 16:16:13 EDT (-0400)
  error in help file (Message 1 to 10 of 10)
From: Wolf Manos
Subject: error in help file
Date: 21 Aug 2000 10:43:20
Message: <39a14008$1@news.povray.org>
First of all 'thank you' to all the people answering on my previous post!
This kind of support in newsgroups is just amazing !

I don't know if this is the right forum for my next question:

if I invoke the 'Help on POVRay Scene Language' from inside POVRay I get an
error message:
    An error exists in this Help file. Contact your application vendor for
an updated Help file (1024)

Any idea?

While I am at it ;-)
    I was looking for the 'cylinder description' in the help file ... can I
somehow effect the 'thickness' of the cylinder wall, or do I have to do this
by doing an intersecion of 2 cylinders ???

Thanks !

Wolfgang

Post a reply to this message

> First of all 'thank you' to all the people answering on my previous post!
> This kind of support in newsgroups is just amazing !
>
> I don't know if this is the right forum for my next question:
>
> if I invoke the 'Help on POVRay Scene Language' from inside POVRay I get an
> error message:
>     An error exists in this Help file. Contact your application vendor for
> an updated Help file (1024)
>
> Any idea?

Does this also occur if you open the help file from your explorer/file manager ?

> While I am at it ;-)
>     I was looking for the 'cylinder description' in the help file ... can I
> somehow effect the 'thickness' of the cylinder wall, or do I have to do this
> by doing an intersecion of 2 cylinders ???

short answer: Yes.

longer answer: That's due to the concept of raytracing, all objects have
infinetly thin walls, so you always have to use "closed surfaces" to get objects
with thickness.  (imagine drawing only with a thin pen)

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>