POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : error in help file : Re: error in help file Server Time
5 Sep 2024 14:16:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: error in help file
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 21 Aug 2000 11:35:56
Message: <39a14c5c@news.povray.org>
"Christoph Hormann" <Chr### [at] schunteretctu-bsde> wrote in
message news:39A### [at] schunteretctu-bsde...

| Wolf Manos wrote:
| >
| > First of all 'thank you' to all the people answering on my previous
post!
| > This kind of support in newsgroups is just amazing !
| >
| > I don't know if this is the right forum for my next question:
| >
| > if I invoke the 'Help on POVRay Scene Language' from inside POVRay I get
an
| > error message:
| >     An error exists in this Help file. Contact your application vendor
for
| > an updated Help file (1024)
| >
| > Any idea?

There's an answer someplace, this has been asked about before but I can't
locate any messages about it.  Someone probably knows and might be able to
answer soon enough if you have the patience.
I'm thinking it could have something to do with installing different
versions of POV in the wrong order, causing a registry glitch, or an
incorrect DLL file in Windows to run the HLP file.  But just guesses.
If this ever happened to me I don't remember at all.
Could help to know what version you are using there, in fact that is very
important to know; so if you could, reply back and say.

Bob