POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Varying Media Server Time
5 Sep 2024 18:19:41 EDT (-0400)
  Varying Media (Message 5 to 14 of 14)
From: Luke Church
Subject: Re: Varying Media
Date: 20 Jul 2000 11:53:17
Message: <3977206d@news.povray.org>
news:3977059c@news.povray.org...
> Luke Church <Luk### [at] churchkaroocouk> wrote:
> : I have a cylindrical shape that contains an emission media, however I
wanted
> : to vary the density, so that it decayed exponentially (preferably but
linear
> : would do) as it approached the edge of the shape
>
>   Sorry, you will have to be more concise about this. Your shape is right
> now a tube (a cylinder with another smaller cylinder cutting a hole in
it).
> Which edge? The outer edge? The inner edge? Both? Or should the media
cover
> the entire volume of the main cylinder?

Terribly sorry, I meant that you have a tube and the media should be the
densest at the inner edge of the tube and should be ~0 at the outer edge of
the tube.

Thanks for the very swift reply,

Luke

Post a reply to this message

From: Tom Melly
Date: 20 Jul 2000 11:55:09
Message: <397720dd$1@news.povray.org>
"Chris Huff" <chr### [at] maccom> wrote in message

> You can get around this by using "// comment" instead of "file://comment.

... But he didn't write file://comment, he wrote file://comment - it was
outlook that added the file: to file://comment making it file://comment when
originally it just said file://comment ;)

Post a reply to this message

> ... But he didn't write file://comment, he wrote file://comment - it
> was outlook that added the file: to file://comment making it
> file://comment when originally it just said file://comment ;)

BTW, Outlook isn't the only program with this problem. MT-NewsWatcher
also has this "feature".

TAG Web page: http://tag.povray.org/

Post a reply to this message

> "Chris Huff" <chr### [at] maccom> wrote in message
>
> > You can get around this by using "// comment" instead of "file://comment.
>
> ... But he didn't write file://comment, he wrote file://comment - it was
> outlook that added the file: to file://comment making it file://comment when
> originally it just said file://comment ;)

I'm sorry but I can't comment on that.

On Thu, 20 Jul 2000 16:55:05 +0100, Tom Melly wrote:
>"Chris Huff" <chr### [at] maccom> wrote in message
>
>> You can get around this by using "// comment" instead of "file://comment.
>
>... But he didn't write file://comment, he wrote file://comment - it was
>outlook that added the file: to file://comment making it file://comment when
>originally it just said file://comment ;)

Those of us not using the big wide-open security hole from Microsoft know
you faked that.

My opinions.  Mine.  Not anyone else's.

Post a reply to this message

"Ron Parker" <ron### [at] povrayorg> wrote in message
news:slr### [at] linuxparkerrfwicom...

> Those of us not using the big wide-open security hole from Microsoft know
> you faked that.

Did not! (did I? - I thought I didn't but now I've got no way of knowing -
damn you MS, from the cold heart of hell I stab at thee).

Post a reply to this message