POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Light question Server Time
5 Sep 2024 16:22:35 EDT (-0400)
  Light question (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Lord Steff
Subject: Light question
Date: 18 Jul 2000 13:54:31
Message: <397499d7@news.povray.org>

seen in the mirror ( lightsource in the middle of the
room looks very unrealistic) Is there a way to use

work well, and I need  light for the walls too. ( because

I hope you can help

Post a reply to this message

> seen in the mirror ( lightsource in the middle of the
> room looks very unrealistic) Is there a way to use

Have you actually tried using a light_source to see the results ?

In POV-Ray light_sources are not visible to the camera. Because
of this they should not be visible in the mirror either.

> In POV-Ray light_sources are not visible to the camera. Because
> of this they should not be visible in the mirror either.

was a bright point on the wall behind the camera. It was
very confusing, moving the lightsource and seeing this
bright point in the mirror moving too.

Thanks anyway

Another question. How can I avoid this bright point on the

from stoneold.inc )

Post a reply to this message

> Another question. How can I avoid this bright point on the

> from stoneold.inc )

It sounds like phong highlighting in the finish statement. That
is usually the source for spots like that. You may need to make
a custom finish for your particular application.

> It sounds like phong highlighting in the finish statement. That
> is usually the source for spots like that. You may need to make
> a custom finish for your particular application.

It is really the phong, seems to be normal for this texture.
I have to use phong_size 500000 to hide the spot.

Post a reply to this message

> > It sounds like phong highlighting in the finish statement. That
> > is usually the source for spots like that. You may need to make
> > a custom finish for your particular application.
>
> It is really the phong, seems to be normal for this texture.
> I have to use phong_size 500000 to hide the spot.

You can also lower the phong number instead of the phong_size to
influence it's affect on the finish i.e phong 0.25 phong_size 200

> You can also lower the phong number instead of the phong_size to
> influence it's affect on the finish i.e phong 0.25 phong_size 200

two days now )

Thanks for your help.