POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : How to keeping texture after CSG? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 18:22:31 EDT (-0400)
  How to keeping texture after CSG? (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Marc-Hendrik Bremer
Subject: How to keeping texture after CSG?
Date: 24 Jun 2000 15:55:55
Message: <3955124b$1@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I want to model a shield for my guard. I want to make it out of wood-planks
and intersect it in shape. There is the union of the wood-planks (with
individually translated textures) which looses its texture while differenced
or intersected with a sphere. As I read, this is totally normal - but
annoying.
I can't apply the texture after the csg-operation, because it then seems to
be made out of one piece of wood.
Can I keep the "planked" wood-texture in my csg or do I have to mimmic this
with a texture_map (or something like this)?

Thanks,

Marc-Hendrik

Post a reply to this message