POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : bounded by question Server Time
5 Sep 2024 18:20:00 EDT (-0400)
  bounded by question (Message 1 to 10 of 11)
From: Tom Melly
Subject: bounded by question
Date: 24 Mar 2000 15:03:04
Message: <38dbc9f8@news.povray.org>
With the following difference object, should I set my own bounded_by or will
POV bound the object to the box? I'm using megapov, but if there is a
difference I would be curious to know the answer for both standard and mega.
Thanks.

#declare sphere_slice =
sphere
{
  <-90.75, 7, 0> // center of sphere <X Y Z>
  90       // radius of sphere
}

difference{
  box{
    <-1, -4, -1>  // one corner position <X1 Y1 Z1>
    < 1,  8,  1>  // other corner position <X2 Y2 Z2>
  }
  object{sphere_slice}
  object{sphere_slice rotate y*90}
  object{sphere_slice rotate y*180}