POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Ambient Settings? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 22:20:58 EDT (-0400)
  Ambient Settings? (Message 26 to 35 of 35)
From: Nieminen Juha
Subject: Re: Ambient Settings?
Date: 6 Feb 2000 06:52:05
Message: <389d6065@news.povray.org>
Ken <tyl### [at] pacbellnet> wrote:
:   You know Gilles I agree with you almost completely. A very vocal minority
: have have asserted that html posts are an -inconvenience- for them and that
: in order to read posts that are in html format they have to use a separate
: program that will read them. This implies they have the resources at their
: disposal to handle html posts but stick with software that does not support
: it out of preference.

  The fact that a program _supports_ HTML doesn't mean that it's a _better_
or more _efficient_ program. Do you understand the difference?

: In this case the minority are controlling the majority.

  I don't think so. Do you have any trouble reading the text-based articles?
  Your statement would be true if the majority had trouble reading them.
  We can't offend the left-handed people only because there are only 10% of
them. Are they controlling us? I don't think so.