POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Ambient Settings? : Re: Ambient Settings? Server Time
6 Sep 2024 00:20:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ambient Settings?
From: Jon A  Cruz
Date: 6 Feb 2000 12:29:18
Message: <389DB0A4.34197336@geocities.com>
Ken wrote:

> Steve wrote:
>
> > >irritatingly long (it MUST download all the images twice for some reason that
> > >I don't know), etc.
> >
> > Netscape seems to d/l the images twice here too, extremely annoying, I thought
> > it was something to do with the way I upgraded it.
>
> I have used Netscape exclusively since I started reading these groups
> 2-3 years ago. I have never had to download a message twice to see it.
> I have heard others mention this before but I suspect it is operator
> error rather than a problem with Netscape.

probably not.

It happens to me here, all the time.  On Linux and Win98 both. 4.6 and 4.7. But
since I switched to DSL it's been less painful (i.e. it double-downloads, but is
not too slow to tollerate).

--
"My new computer's got the clocks, it rocks
But it was obsolete before I opened the box" - W.A.Y.