POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : problems with Linux Povray. Server Time
5 Sep 2024 18:20:02 EDT (-0400)
  problems with Linux Povray. (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: rev reverse
Subject: problems with Linux Povray.
Date: 2 Nov 1999 13:06:30
Message: <381F3A60.4BE27F26@yahoo.com>
i am completely new to PovRay and i am having problems.

i am using the Linux port of PovRay and i get a error
when i include "stones.inc".

It says:

Parsing....s-povray: error in loading shared libraries
:undefined symbol: __bzero

2nd problem.  When i set the display=true i can't seem to
get s-povray or x-povray to show me anything while it
renders.

with x-povray it tells me:
file intit error.
Error opening output file.

and with s-povray it is even worse.  it blacks my screen,
puts a box up, then does nothing else.  at that point
i reboot.

i'll take any help i can get.
Rev. Reverse

Post a reply to this message

> i am completely new to PovRay and i am having problems.
>
> i am using the Linux port of PovRay and i get a error
> when i include "stones.inc".
>
> It says:
>
> Parsing....s-povray: error in loading shared libraries
> :undefined symbol: __bzero
>
> 2nd problem.  When i set the display=true i can't seem to
> get s-povray or x-povray to show me anything while it
> renders.
>
> with x-povray it tells me:
> file intit error.
> Error opening output file.
>
> and with s-povray it is even worse.  it blacks my screen,
> puts a box up, then does nothing else.  at that point
> i reboot.
>
> i'll take any help i can get.
> Rev. Reverse

First thing. What platform and what distribution and what version?

--
"My new computer's got the clocks, it rocks
But it was obsolete before I opened the box" - W.A.Y.

Post a reply to this message