POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : problems with Linux Povray. : problems with Linux Povray. Server Time
5 Sep 2024 20:19:59 EDT (-0400)
  problems with Linux Povray.
From: rev reverse
Date: 2 Nov 1999 13:06:30
Message: <381F3A60.4BE27F26@yahoo.com>
i am completely new to PovRay and i am having problems.

i am using the Linux port of PovRay and i get a error
when i include "stones.inc".

It says:

Parsing....s-povray: error in loading shared libraries
:undefined symbol: __bzero

2nd problem.  When i set the display=true i can't seem to
get s-povray or x-povray to show me anything while it
renders.

with x-povray it tells me:
file intit error.
Error opening output file.

and with s-povray it is even worse.  it blacks my screen,
puts a box up, then does nothing else.  at that point
i reboot.

i'll take any help i can get.
Rev. Reverse