POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Converters from pov to dxf or other 3D file formats Server Time
5 Sep 2024 18:22:14 EDT (-0400)
  Converters from pov to dxf or other 3D file formats (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Charles & Paula
Subject: Converters from pov to dxf or other 3D file formats
Date: 28 Oct 1999 18:38:37
Message: <3818D0E3.C31B935E@cybercable.fr>
Is there any converters to go back to dxf or other 3d file formats ?

I am using a molecule viewers that generates vrml or .pov files.

Thanks

Charles

Post a reply to this message

From: Ken
Date: 28 Oct 1999 18:50:20
Message: <3818D2D2.53657D34@pacbell.net>
Charles & Paula wrote:

> Is there any converters to go back to dxf or other 3d file formats ?
>
> I am using a molecule viewers that generates vrml or .pov files.
>
> Thanks
>
> Charles

The short answer is no. If you want the long answer let me know.

--
Ken Tyler -  1100+ Povray, Graphics, 3D Rendering, and Raytracing Links:

As far I understood how are the .pov files, there are made of spheres, lines
and triangles with a colour, position in the space, etc. Why these
attributes can't be transfered in an other file format ?
Maybe I'm wrong in my believes ?

Thanks

Charles