POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : transforming vectors Server Time
5 Sep 2024 18:19:20 EDT (-0400)
  transforming vectors (Message 1 to 10 of 15)
From: Daniel Pirch
Subject: transforming vectors
Date: 20 Oct 1999 03:00:53
Message: <380d68a5@news.povray.org>
Is it possible to apply a transformation to a single vector? (for instance
if my vector is <1,0,0> and my transformation is transformation is
transform{translate <2,0,0> rotate 90*z}, I want to get <0,3,0>)

--
Daniel Pirch
dpi### [at] gmxnet

Post a reply to this message

> Is it possible to apply a transformation to a single vector? (for instance
> if my vector is <1,0,0> and my transformation is transformation is
> transform{translate <2,0,0> rotate 90*z}, I want to get <0,3,0>)

Yes.

--
"My new computer's got the clocks, it rocks
But it was obsolete before I opened the box" - W.A.Y.

Post a reply to this message

> > Is it possible to apply a transformation to a single vector? (for instance
> > if my vector is <1,0,0> and my transformation is transformation is
> > transform{translate <2,0,0> rotate 90*z}, I want to get <0,3,0>)
>
> Yes.

Now, to start guessing what you need, instead of just what you asked.  :-)

RT_M  ( http://wombat.doc.ic.ac.uk/foldoc/foldoc.cgi?query=RTM )

Check the docs (be sure to check the language help, not the Windows help) for
vector functions.