POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : transforming vectors : Re: transforming vectors Server Time
5 Sep 2024 20:21:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: transforming vectors
From: Daniel Pirch
Date: 20 Oct 1999 05:10:28
Message: <380d8704@news.povray.org>
> > > Is it possible to apply a transformation to a single vector? (for
instance
> > > if my vector is <1,0,0> and my transformation is transformation is
> > > transform{translate <2,0,0> rotate 90*z}, I want to get <0,3,0>)
>
> Check the docs (be sure to check the language help, not the Windows help)
for
> vector functions.

Of course I've checked the docs before I posted my Question. I would never
ask before doing that :-)

But as vector functions, there are only vaxis_rotate, vcross, vnormalize and
vrotate. I asked if it's possible (and HOW) to transform a vector by an
already declared transformation. I can do this with an object:

#declare MyTrans = transform{translate ... rotate ... scale ... ...}

sphere{0,1 transform MyTrans}

But how can I do this with vector coordinates?

Thanks
Daniel Pirch

dpi### [at] gmxnet