POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : height_field ? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 18:22:40 EDT (-0400)
  height_field ? (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Brian & Lois Bivolcic
Subject: height_field ?
Date: 4 Sep 1999 00:24:53
Message: <37D09ED6.BFFB1A32@popampa.com>
Hi,
I'm fairly new to POV-Ray, went thru the tutorial, every thing ok.
Try to do my own height_field
Partial code:
    height_field{
        tga "myimage"
        smooth
        translate<-.5,-.5,-.5>
        scale <17,1.75,17>
        }

I get a black outline, that doesn't even resemble what the tga looks
like.
Try different  scale, translation, and different light position.
Any suggestion.
Thank Brian

--
Southern Cross Akitas (SCA)
Lois & Brian Bivolcic

Post a reply to this message

> I'm fairly new to POV-Ray, went thru the tutorial, every thing ok.
> Try to do my own height_field
> Partial code:
>     height_field{
>         tga "myimage"
>         smooth
>         translate<-.5,-.5,-.5>
>         scale <17,1.75,17>
>         }
>
> I get a black outline, that doesn't even resemble what the tga looks
> like.
> Try different  scale, translation, and different light position.
> Any suggestion.
> Thank Brian
>
> --
> Southern Cross Akitas (SCA)
> Lois & Brian Bivolcic
> Pampa, Tx
> http://www.centramedia.com/users/bivolcic

You need to add a pigment to the height field for it to appear. To get you
started try this:

     height_field{
         tga "myimage"
         smooth
         translate<-.5,-.5,-.5>
         scale <17,1.75,17>
         pigment { rgb <1,1,1> }
         }

--
Ken Tyler

See my 850+ Povray and 3D Rendering and Raytracing Links at: