POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : height_field ? : Re: height_field ? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 20:18:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: height_field ?
From: Ian Burgmyer
Date: 5 Sep 1999 02:36:55
Message: <37d20f87@news.povray.org>
Yes, and also don't confuse it for an image_map.  A heightfield takes the
color brightness (I think) and assigns everything a height.  It doesn't
display a texture on an image.

If I'm wrong, please beat me up, run me over, and post a message correcting
me (Don't even think about doing the first two things ;)

-Ian