POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : New user: question on animation. Server Time
6 Sep 2024 02:22:52 EDT (-0400)
  New user: question on animation. (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Tapper Ender
Subject: New user: question on animation.
Date: 9 Jul 1999 22:47:02
Message: <3786b426@news.povray.org>
Before I ask any questions that would actually help me on the things I am
creating, I would like to ask about some Animation:

If you make animation, and then render it, how do you see the animation?

I know you have to put the frames together with a simple program not related
to PovRay but I didn't see Povray make any frames, only make that initial
rendition.

How can I get it to produce the frames? individual images?

Post a reply to this message

>    Before I ask any questions that would actually help me on the things I am
> creating, I would like to ask about some Animation:
>
> If you make animation, and then render it, how do you see the animation?
>
> I know you have to put the frames together with a simple program not related
> to PovRay but I didn't see Povray make any frames, only make that initial
> rendition.
>
> How can I get it to produce the frames? individual images?

  See the new users animation tutorial at the link below. It contains an
introduction to rendering animaitons with pov that I contributed to the
project. It will fill in those missing pieces you need to help get you
started plus there is a nice list of links on the page to utilities that
will help you build the animation once you have the Pov part of it
figured out.

http://www.puzzlecraft.com/cm/ClockMod.html

See also my links collection for other tutorials on the subject at:

http://home.pacbell.net/tylereng/links.htm

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net

Post a reply to this message

>>    Before I ask any questions that would actually help me on the things I
am
>> creating, I would like to ask about some Animation:
>>
>> If you make animation, and then render it, how do you see the animation?
>>
>> I know you have to put the frames together with a simple program not
related
>> to PovRay but I didn't see Povray make any frames, only make that initial
>> rendition.
>>
>> How can I get it to produce the frames? individual images?
>
>  See the new users animation tutorial at the link below. It contains an
>introduction to rendering animaitons with pov that I contributed to the
>project. It will fill in those missing pieces you need to help get you
>started plus there is a nice list of links on the page to utilities that
>will help you build the animation once you have the Pov part of it
>figured out.
>
>http://www.puzzlecraft.com/cm/ClockMod.html
>
>See also my links collection for other tutorials on the subject at:
>
>http://home.pacbell.net/tylereng/links.htm
>
>--
>Ken Tyler
>
>mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net

don't know anything about animation, in fact, I don't have a clue about it.
just do a scene after another one if you want to do an animation