POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : DF3 file error Server Time
6 Sep 2024 02:20:17 EDT (-0400)
  DF3 file error (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Leroy Whetstone
Subject: DF3 file error
Date: 15 May 1999 01:38:26
Message: <373D15E9.82986086@janics.com>
Is there a limit on the size of the .DF3 files? I have povray 3.1d (I
think)  and I run it under window3.1.
I opened up the spiral.df3 file inculed with msdosdoc and it has a size
of 50 by 50 by 5.
Then I made my own DF3 file a 200 by 200 by 1 and got an error right at
the start of the run.
So I retried with 100 by 100 by 1 and got have way through then the same
error.

Post a reply to this message

I have not really tried these myself, but there is one consistnt thing in
your failed attempts, they are both by 1, try doing a 100x100x5

Rick
Leroy Whetstone <lrw### [at] janicscom> wrote in message
> Is there a limit on the size of the .DF3 files? I have povray 3.1d (I
> think)  and I run it under window3.1.
> I opened up the spiral.df3 file inculed with msdosdoc and it has a size
> of 50 by 50 by 5.
> Then I made my own DF3 file a 200 by 200 by 1 and got an error right at
> the start of the run.
> So I retried with 100 by 100 by 1 and got have way through then the same
> error.

Post a reply to this message

Would also help to know what memory you're attempting this with. Half way
through what? The parse or the render?

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe

It'll blow your mind (politically), stimulate your senses (artistically)
and provide scientific insights that boggle the mind!!

Leroy Whetstone wrote in message <373D15E9.82986086@janics.com>...
>Is there a limit on the size of the .DF3 files? I have povray 3.1d (I
>think)  and I run it under window3.1.
>I opened up the spiral.df3 file inculed with msdosdoc and it has a size
>of 50 by 50 by 5.
>Then I made my own DF3 file a 200 by 200 by 1 and got an error right at
>the start of the run.
>So I retried with 100 by 100 by 1 and got have way through then the same
>error.

Post a reply to this message