POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Importing 3DS Models? Server Time
6 Sep 2024 04:20:57 EDT (-0400)
  Importing 3DS Models? (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Gary Huntress
Subject: Importing 3DS Models?
Date: 14 Apr 1999 12:33:05
Message: <3714b531.0@news.povray.org>
Hi,

    I have some 3d models that are in 3ds (3D Studio) format.  Is there any
way I can import them into povray?

Thanks,

Gary Huntress
hun### [at] ibmnet
(direct replies appreciated)

Post a reply to this message

From: Ken
Subject: Re: Importing 3DS Models?
Date: 14 Apr 1999 15:14:01
Message: <3714D9A3.BA1E1BAD@pacbell.net>

http://www.stmuc.com/thbaier/homepage.htm

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net

Post a reply to this message

From: Johannes Hubert
Date: 15 Apr 1999 13:20:47
Message: <371611df.0@news.povray.org>
Ken wrote in message <3714D9A3.BA1E1BAD@pacbell.net>...
>http://www.stmuc.com/thbaier/homepage.htm

That URL is not current any longer. As it seems it is only
http://www.stmuc.com/thbaier/ now.

Anyway, I happened to be there a minute ago, and it seems that Thomas
doesn't have a link to 3DS to POV on that page - at least I didn't see one
(only 3DWin).
Check out his other page:

http://extra.newsguy.com/~tbaier/

Johannes.

Post a reply to this message

> That URL is not current any longer. As it seems it is only
> http://www.stmuc.com/thbaier/ now.
>
> Anyway, I happened to be there a minute ago, and it seems that Thomas
> doesn't have a link to 3DS to POV on that page - at least I didn't see one
> (only 3DWin).
> Check out his other page:
>
> http://extra.newsguy.com/~tbaier/
>
> Johannes.

All of the utilities that Thomas has to offer should be at the corrected
URL that you provided.