POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Prisms gone awry! Server Time
6 Sep 2024 04:19:17 EDT (-0400)
  Prisms gone awry! (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Glenn Bautista
Subject: Prisms gone awry!
Date: 11 Apr 1999 11:39:10
Message: <3710B4CE.62AB66A4@compass.com.ph>
HI,

    I really need your help, guys.. I have made this object using a
prism with a cubic spline but unfortunately for me, I can't seem to make
it go to wherever I want it to go.... I used translate<> but it doesn't
seem to work... and it seems to me that it is using its own set of
rules... Am I doing something wrong? (obviously)... or have I gone
mad!.... please help me figure out which one is which.... grr.... I'm
just a little confused... please help me if you can. Thanks!!!

Post a reply to this message

>     I really need your help, guys.. I have made this object using a
> prism with a cubic spline but unfortunately for me, I can't seem to make
> it go to wherever I want it to go.... I used translate<> but it doesn't
> seem to work... and it seems to me that it is using its own set of
> rules... Am I doing something wrong? (obviously)... or have I gone
> mad!.... please help me figure out which one is which.... grr.... I'm
> just a little confused... please help me if you can. Thanks!!!

Could you post an example of how you are creating the prism. Without
being to see the code it is really difficult to guess at what MIGHT
be wrong.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net

Post a reply to this message

> >     I really need your help, guys.. I have made this object using a
> > prism with a cubic spline but unfortunately for me, I can't seem to make
> > it go to wherever I want it to go.... I used translate<> but it doesn't
> > seem to work... and it seems to me that it is using its own set of
> > rules... Am I doing something wrong? (obviously)... or have I gone
> > mad!.... please help me figure out which one is which.... grr.... I'm
> > just a little confused... please help me if you can. Thanks!!!
>
> Could you post an example of how you are creating the prism. Without
> being to see the code it is really difficult to guess at what MIGHT
> be wrong.
> -- Ken

Ok..... here it goes... well.... its got some comments 'cause I just cut and
paste from the tutorial... and I added my own values :)

prism {
cubic_spline
0, // sweep the following shape from here ...
1, // ... up through here
21, // the number of points making up the shape ...
< 2, 0>, // point#1 (control point... not on curve)
< 0, 0>, // point#2 ... THIS POINT ...
<1, 1>, // point#3
< 2, 0>, // point#4
< 1,-1>, // point#5 ... MUST MATCH THIS POINT
<0,0>,
<1,1>, // point#6 (control point... not on curve)
<1.75,0>,//Start of Second shape
<0.25,0>,
<1,0.75>,
<1.75,0>,
<1,-0.75>,
<0.25,0>,
<1,0.75>,
<1.5,0>,//Start of Third Shape
<0.5,0>,
<1,0.5>,
<1.5,0>,
<1,-0.5>,
<0.5,0>,
<1,0.5>

scale<0.25,0.125,0.125>
translate<0,-1,-1>
rotate<90,0,0>
}

Thanks !!!!!

Post a reply to this message

> > >     I really need your help, guys.. I have made this object using a
> > > prism with a cubic spline but unfortunately for me, I can't seem to make
> > > it go to wherever I want it to go.... I used translate<> but it doesn't
> > > seem to work... and it seems to me that it is using its own set of
> > > rules... Am I doing something wrong? (obviously)... or have I gone
> > > mad!.... please help me figure out which one is which.... grr.... I'm
> > > just a little confused... please help me if you can. Thanks!!!
> >
> > Could you post an example of how you are creating the prism. Without
> > being to see the code it is really difficult to guess at what MIGHT
> > be wrong.
> > -- Ken
>
> Ok..... here it goes... well.... its got some comments 'cause I just cut and
> paste from the tutorial... and I added my own values :)

<snip>

Actually... I was making this eye (like Isis) . and was thinking of putting it
onto the head of a column that I made.( with union{} )  but it just wouldn't go
there... weird.

Post a reply to this message