POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : telephoto view needed Server Time
6 Sep 2024 00:21:29 EDT (-0400)
  telephoto view needed (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Matt Giuer
Subject: telephoto view needed
Date: 1 Mar 1999 23:11:09
Message: <36DB8F90.871E44BD@ij.net>
I am trying to exactly model the dimensions of an object I have
only 2D line drawings to work with for the dimensions. But as
with an good 3D program, all of the cameras give perspective
views. And of course a telephoto view gives a flat view with
effectively no depth, contrary to what caused out addiction.

	But in this case it would be extremely useful to me to get a
flat view that I can scale to the 2D drawing (w/Photoshop) to get
the proportions correct. Has anyone found a way to do imitate a
telephoto perspective?

--
http://members.aol.com/jull43

Post a reply to this message

--

 Ich nicht eine Sekunde!!!" H. Heinol in Val Thorens

Post a reply to this message

If you move the camera farther away and reduce the viewing angle, it
acts like a telephoto lens.

-Mike

Matt Giuer wrote:

> I am trying to exactly model the dimensions of an object I have
> only 2D line drawings to work with for the dimensions. But as
> with an good 3D program, all of the cameras give perspective
> views. And of course a telephoto view gives a flat view with
> effectively no depth, contrary to what caused out addiction.
>
>         But in this case it would be extremely useful to me to get a
> flat view that I can scale to the 2D drawing (w/Photoshop) to get
> the proportions correct. Has anyone found a way to do imitate a
> telephoto perspective?
>
> --
> http://members.aol.com/jull43

Post a reply to this message

> But in this case it would be extremely useful to me to get a
>flat view that I can scale to the 2D drawing (w/Photoshop) to get
>the proportions correct. Has anyone found a way to do imitate a
>telephoto perspective?
>
>--
>http://members.aol.com/jull43

What about moving the camera a long way from the object and then setting the
angle of the camera to something very low?

Post a reply to this message