POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Text in Stone? Server Time
6 Sep 2024 08:11:41 EDT (-0400)
  Text in Stone? (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Cindy
Subject: Text in Stone?
Date: 5 Jan 1999 08:04:35
Message: <36920E2C.4695C113@REMOVEearthlink.net>
How would one accomplish this?  I am trying to make an alter with a
message inscribed into it.

Cindy

Post a reply to this message

From: Ken
Subject: Re: Text in Stone?
Date: 5 Jan 1999 08:24:49
Message: <36921230.AFD48EB2@pacbell.net>
Cindy wrote:

> How would one accomplish this?  I am trying to make an alter with a
> message inscribed into it.
>
> Cindy

This is a good time to perfect your CSG skills. Pov hav a text object
that can be used in CSG operations.

This snippet of code shows an example of how it's done.

  light_source{<0,0,-200>rgb 1}
  camera{location<0,0,-15>look_at<0,0,0>}

  intersection{
  box{-1,1 scale<5,1.5,1>pigment {rgb 1 }}
  text {ttf "timrom.ttf" "POV-RAY" 1, 0 inverse
  translate<-2.5,0,-1.01>pigment{rgb 0 }}}

  Be sure to read up on the text object because it's
  placement is a little tricky.

--
Ken Tyler

tyl### [at] pacbellnet