POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Text in Stone? : Re: Text in Stone? Server Time
6 Sep 2024 06:21:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Text in Stone?
From: Spider
Date: 5 Jan 1999 20:05:04
Message: <3692B5EE.8BBE503F@bahnhof.se>
My reply is mostly the same as others, but I thought I'd add it anyway..

It is good to remember that the placing is oriented left and down, place teh text
object a
bit into the altar and align it correctly, then use difference.

For a good result, don't go to deep, that causes it to be ugly...
Another tip, add the stone texture to the altar, then another to the text, only
diffrence
is that the test is a bit darker, or lighter.... best results is with the same
function
for the texture, but try others... This can make it "Glowing" "dimmed" or other
effects...
just remember to translate the objects before you add the texture.... It'll look
strange
otherways..

//Spider