POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : What Program do you use? Server Time
6 Sep 2024 08:12:51 EDT (-0400)
  What Program do you use? (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Debi Hodges
Subject: What Program do you use?
Date: 30 Dec 1998 10:20:10
Message: <368A4521.F59424D5@emrys.com>
For saving .pov rendered files as .bmp or .jpg?  I have tried it in
PaintShop Pro (it cannot read .pov), Paint (It doesn't do much of
anything) and CorelDraw.  What do you guys suggest?  I assume I am
correct in the fact that I have to save it in pov as a .pov THEN open it
and convert it from another pogram.

Debi

Post a reply to this message

> For saving .pov rendered files as .bmp or .jpg?  I have tried it in
> PaintShop Pro (it cannot read .pov), Paint (It doesn't do much of
> anything) and CorelDraw.  What do you guys suggest?  I assume I am
> correct in the fact that I have to save it in pov as a .pov THEN open it
> and convert it from another pogram.

.pov files are scene descriptions only. They first have to be rendered
with POV-Ray. The resulting file (tga, bmp, png, or whatever you
specified) is a bitmap that can be read into Paintshop or CorelDraw.

Phoenix

--
http://users.telekabel.nl/eagle
AFP Code 1.1 AC d%40 s%40:-- a- U++ R++ F++ h- P- OS-:%40 C++ M-

Post a reply to this message

Ok, well, when I render (I must have my options set wrong) It makes the
picture, but does not give an option to save the picture alone.  What am I
missing here?

Debi