POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Blobs in 3.02 Server Time
6 Sep 2024 08:10:55 EDT (-0400)
  Blobs in 3.02 (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Lothar Esser
Subject: Blobs in 3.02
Date: 25 Nov 1998 20:39:26
Message: <365CB150.7921D942@chop.swmed.edu>
Dear Colleagues,

  I am having trouble to get blob objects to work properly. I am using
blobs
to generate tube-like objects consisting of a great number of short
cylinders.
Povray 3.02 renders these blobs with lots of black dots on them. It
usually helps
to tweak blob_threshold a bit but so far these black dots never
disappear entirely.
I have tried may things which include using the keyword sturm, different
texture maps
at different positions i.e. individual and global but nothing seems to
help.
Does anyone have an idea why that might be (black dots) and possibly
know what to do about it ?
(The reason why I am using blobs is that I need to model transparent
tubes with round
ends. When I merge cylinders and spheres the whole thing gets terribly
slow -
so blobs are a lot faster but they don't seem to work.)
Any ideas ?
Thanks,

   Lothar Esser

Dr. Lothar Esser