POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Blobs in 3.02 : Re: Blobs in 3.02 Server Time
6 Sep 2024 06:20:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Blobs in 3.02
From: =Bob
Date: 26 Nov 1998 07:25:47
Message: <365d48cb.0@news.povray.org>
P-R 3.1 blob received a bit of a fix since 3.02, perhaps that makes a
difference. I wondered if you were using multiple blob statements or a single
one with multiple components? If more than one blob is being strung together
in a union or merge it could be same-surface problem.

Message <365CB150.7921D942@chop.swmed.edu>, Lothar Esser  typed...

>Dear Colleagues,
>
>  I am having trouble to get blob objects to work properly. I am using
>blobs
>to generate tube-like objects consisting of a great number of short
>cylinders.
>Povray 3.02 renders these blobs with lots of black dots on them. It
>usually helps
>to tweak blob_threshold a bit but so far these black dots never
>disappear entirely.
>I have tried may things which include using the keyword sturm, different
>texture maps
>at different positions i.e. individual and global but nothing seems to
>help.
>Does anyone have an idea why that might be (black dots) and possibly
>know what to do about it ?
>(The reason why I am using blobs is that I need to model transparent
>tubes with round
>ends. When I merge cylinders and spheres the whole thing gets terribly
>slow -
>so blobs are a lot faster but they don't seem to work.)
>Any ideas ?
>Thanks,
>
>   Lothar Esser

>Dr. Lothar Esser