POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : New user question Server Time
6 Sep 2024 06:21:30 EDT (-0400)
  New user question (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Andy R
Subject: New user question
Date: 4 Nov 1998 19:16:21
Message: <3640EE90.F938773E@here.com>
Hi all,

I recently installed Povray 3.1 and Moray for Win95 and messed around
with them.  Can anybody tell me how to import/export files between the
two programs.  I tried the 3D program that came with Moray but didn't
seem to work--maybe I wasn't doing it right.  Also, I made a 3DS file
with Poser 2 and would like to import that into Moray or Povray.  How do
I go about doing that?  Thanks in advance for any input!

Post a reply to this message

I can help you with the 3ds file conversion. There are two conversion
programs you can try and both are offered for free. The first is Crossroads
3D by Kieth Rule and the second is 3DWin by Thomas Baier. 3DWin
works more closely with conversions involving moray so you might want
to try it first. The links are at:

http://www.europa.com/~keithr/crossroads/
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/thbaier/tools.htm

Conversions from pov to moray are almost non-extent while in the
other direction moray has direct support for Pov-Ray.

Good Luck

Ken Tyler