POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : any Forrier Transform programs? Server Time
6 Sep 2024 10:10:41 EDT (-0400)
  any Forrier Transform programs? (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: lawhite
Subject: any Forrier Transform programs?
Date: 8 Oct 1998 05:04:42
Message: <361A6605.D1@tstonramp.com>
im new,

anyone know of any programs that let you enter an equation
ex:  y=(x^2)(z^3)
to come up with a figure that POV could use.

i want to work with numbers as opposed to functions like
"sphere()"

Thank You for your time,
Chris

> anyone know of any programs that let you enter an equation
> ex:  y=(x^2)(z^3)
> to come up with a figure that POV could use.
>
> i want to work with numbers as opposed to functions like
> "sphere()"
>
> Thank You for your time,
> Chris

If stuff like this ---

/*
#declare TORUS=
  function x^4+2*sqr(x)*(sqr(y)+sqr(z)-P)+y^4+2*sqr(y)*(sqr(z)+M)+
               z^4-2*sqr(z)*P+MM
*/
implicit {
function exp(-(x^4+2*sqr(x)*(sqr(y)+sqr(z)-P)+y^4+2*sqr(y)*(sqr(z)+M)+
z^4-2*sqr(z)*P+MM)) +
 exp(-(x^4+2*sqr(x)*(sqr(z)+sqr(y)-P)+z^4+2*sqr(z)*(sqr(y)+M)+
 y^4-2*sqr(y)*P+MM)) +
exp(-(y^4+2*sqr(y)*(sqr(x)+sqr(z)-P)+x^4+2*sqr(x)*(sqr(z)+M)+
 z^4-2*sqr(z)*P+MM)) - .7

<-Ro-2*Ri,-Ro-2*Ri,-Ro-2*Ri>, <Ro+2*Ri,Ro+2*Ri,Ro+2*Ri>
accuracy .01
pigment { color rgb <0,1,1>} }

--- is what you are after then take a look at the following site.
It utilizes a patched version of Pov and more details are availble
there.

http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~0rfelyus/povray.html

Ken Tyler

Post a reply to this message