POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : newbie cant figure! Server Time
6 Sep 2024 10:09:55 EDT (-0400)
  newbie cant figure! (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: unclebunkiefromhell
Subject: newbie cant figure!
Date: 14 Jun 1998 01:29:55
Message: <35835FD3.498279AA@adnc.com>
Can anyone tell me why ,at the end of a render, Pov-Ray 3.02 for
windows  crashes? Often it is a scene I have been working on and i will
add this and that then all of a sudden it crashes at the end of the
render and will do it to this file from then on! I have shifted the
files around, trying to get what ever it is thats causing this to stop.
I even went as far as to make ".inc" files for it incase it was too long
a thread. Nothing seems to work and this is frustrating as some of my
better files have been tagged with this anomaly and i cant use them. Any
clue would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!
unclebunkiefromhell

Post a reply to this message

Does it do this after EVERY render? Or just after certain files?

If it is the former case, maybe you have POV set to close after rendering
.. ? If the latter, then I don't know what the problem is.

Wykan

Post a reply to this message

> Can anyone tell me why ,at the end of a render, Pov-Ray 3.02 for
> windows  crashes? Often it is a scene I have been working on and i will
> add this and that then all of a sudden it crashes at the end of the
> render and will do it to this file from then on! I have shifted the
> files around, trying to get what ever it is thats causing this to stop.
> I even went as far as to make ".inc" files for it incase it was too long
> a thread. Nothing seems to work and this is frustrating as some of my
> better files have been tagged with this anomaly and i cant use them. Any
> clue would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!
> unclebunkiefromhell

  It could be so many things, and quite possibly a combination of things.
The scenes that you are rendering, are they really large scenes with many
seperate call outs to .inc files? Do you have your render priority set to
maximum (Highest) ? If you do, do you have any anti-viral scanning, system
monitoring, etc. enabled and running during the render time? Are you using
Windows98? <hee hee, sorry couldn't help that one>

KB-