POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : moray, linux Server Time
6 Sep 2024 16:16:28 EDT (-0400)
  moray, linux (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: The Cyber Gipsy
Subject: moray, linux
Date: 8 Jan 1998 01:39:28
Message: <34B4749F.C193D610@vip.cybercity.dk>
Where can I get moray and does it run in DOS only ?
A linux version would be nice, but i have not heard of one, anyone know
?

If anyone could give me an idea for a good modeler for linux that would
be great too.

thanks in advise.

Post a reply to this message

> Where can I get moray and does it run in DOS only ?
> A linux version would be nice, but i have not heard of one, anyone know
> ?
>
> If anyone could give me an idea for a good modeler for linux that would
> be great too.
>
> thanks in advise.

Here's the URL :
http://www.stmuc.com/moray/

And there's a Windows 95 version comming up. The authors hope to get it
out on the market this month. They do their beta testing in private so
thre's as few bugs remaining as possible when they go public.

     Jean M.

Post a reply to this message

> > Where can I get moray and does it run in DOS only ?
> > A linux version would be nice, but i have not heard of one, anyone know
> > ?
> >
> > If anyone could give me an idea for a good modeler for linux that would
> > be great too.
> >
> > thanks in advise.
>
> Here's the URL :
> http://www.stmuc.com/moray/
>
> And there's a Windows 95 version comming up. The authors hope to get it
> out on the market this month. They do their beta testing in private so
> thre's as few bugs remaining as possible when they go public.
>
>      Jean M.

I checked your site, but I didn't see anything about Moray running under
Linux.

Linux modelers I've stumbled upon so far...

AC3D: http://www.comp.lancs.ac.uk/computing/users/andy/ac3dlinux.html
Midnight Modeller:
ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/Linux/apps/graphics/rays/pov/
SCED: http://http.cs.berkeley.edu/~schenney/sced/sced.html
Aero: http://www.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de/ipvr/bv/aero/

There are a few others. I highly recommend you check out
http://www.graphics-muse.org/linux/creation-tools.html#creation-modelers
which has a very good links section for Linux graphic tools.

Mark

Post a reply to this message