POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : moray, linux : Re: moray, linux Server Time
6 Sep 2024 14:11:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: moray, linux
From: Mark Mealman
Date: 16 Jan 1998 01:22:53
Message: <34BEFCBD.82DB0A80@mail.fwi.com>
Jean Montambeault wrote:

> The Cyber Gipsy wrote:
> >
> > Where can I get moray and does it run in DOS only ?
> > A linux version would be nice, but i have not heard of one, anyone know
> > ?
> >
> > If anyone could give me an idea for a good modeler for linux that would
> > be great too.
> >
> > thanks in advise.
>
> Here's the URL :
> http://www.stmuc.com/moray/
>
> And there's a Windows 95 version comming up. The authors hope to get it
> out on the market this month. They do their beta testing in private so
> thre's as few bugs remaining as possible when they go public.
>
>      Jean M.

I checked your site, but I didn't see anything about Moray running under
Linux.

Linux modelers I've stumbled upon so far...

AC3D: http://www.comp.lancs.ac.uk/computing/users/andy/ac3dlinux.html
Midnight Modeller:
ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/Linux/apps/graphics/rays/pov/
SCED: http://http.cs.berkeley.edu/~schenney/sced/sced.html
Aero: http://www.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de/ipvr/bv/aero/

There are a few others. I highly recommend you check out
http://www.graphics-muse.org/linux/creation-tools.html#creation-modelers
which has a very good links section for Linux graphic tools.

Mark