POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.news-submissions : New Pov-Ray game for iOS and Android: PacIsland. Server Time
29 Mar 2024 11:34:57 EDT (-0400)
  New Pov-Ray game for iOS and Android: PacIsland. (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Alvarolm
Subject: New Pov-Ray game for iOS and Android: PacIsland.
Date: 28 Jun 2014 11:50:02
Message: <web.53aee32afcd7362a3c3b51270@news.povray.org>
I discovered Pov-Ray by chance three years ago.  I have been watching this

development.

APPLE STORE (iPhone)
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pacisland/id887958045?l=es&ls=1&mt=8

GOOGLE PLAY (Android)
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.isometricagames.pacisland

It has no advertisement; it does not require any permissions nor internet
connection to play.
The game is based in Cocos2d-x, an open source game engine, and Pov-Ray. Al l
graphics have been designed and rendered by using Pov Ray.
This is a first game so its quality can be raised incredibly up. After
understanding cocos2d-x and game developing, it is time to focus improving

developers to make games!
Thanks,Pov-Ray
( and ,particularly, thanks to Jaime Vives).

Post a reply to this message

>   I discovered Pov-Ray by chance three years ago.  I have been watching this

> development.

> APPLE STORE (iPhone)
> https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pacisland/id887958045?l=es&ls=1&mt=8
>
> GOOGLE PLAY (Android)
> https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.isometricagames.pacisland
>
> It has no advertisement; it does not require any permissions nor internet
> connection to play.
> The game is based in Cocos2d-x, an open source game engine, and Pov-Ray. Al l
> graphics have been designed and rendered by using Pov Ray.
> This is a first game so its quality can be raised incredibly up. After
> understanding cocos2d-x and game developing, it is time to focus improving

> developers to make games!
> Thanks,Pov-Ray
> ( and ,particularly, thanks to Jaime Vives).

Except, it requires "google play", which you can't get the damn apps
from, if you have something like a Kindle, which isn't "google
approved". Not your fault, but.. this is one thing that has really
pissed me off recently, with some things. The apps will run on the Fire
just fine, if you can get them, but you can't get them. :(

--
Commander Vimes: "You take a bunch of people who don't seem any
different from you and me, but when you add them all together you get