POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.news-submissions : Update of 'Insert Menu Add-on' + 'shapes_lo.inc' Server Time
28 Mar 2024 09:55:13 EDT (-0400)
  Update of 'Insert Menu Add-on' + 'shapes_lo.inc' (Message 1 to 10 of 11)
From: Friedrich Lohmueller
Subject: Update of 'Insert Menu Add-on' + 'shapes_lo.inc'
Date: 16 Aug 2012 07:43:21
Message: <502cdcd9$1@news.povray.org>
Hi to all!

  An update of my 'Insert Menu Add-on* for POV-Ray
is available now. There is a version for POV-Ray 3.6.2 win
(bmp images), for POV-Ray 3.7 win (jpg images) and also
a version in HTML for use with cut an paste.

It's a bundle of Insert Menu items like basic scenes,
backgrounds, many shapes, isosurfaces, HF-macros,
Parametric Surfaces, loops, spline curves, some matrices
for sheering and other transformations, basic animation,
samples for visualization of math 2d functions as well as
textures and materials.

  Nearly all items are fully functional code segments,
all shapes are fully textured and have vanilla basic
transformations to make it easier to use the correct syntax
for beginners as well as for advanced users.

For details about the content and for download see here:
http://www.f-lohmueller.de/pov_tut/down/insert_a.htm
  (en-us, de, fr, it)

New update of my POV-Ray include file „shapes_lo.inc“
for POV-Ray version 3.6/3.7, with improved behavior of
the segment items with transparent materials.
For download see also
http://www.f-lohmueller.de/pov_tut/down/insert_a.htm

My macro collection „shapes_lo2.zip“ is now extended by
a bunch of rounded shapes made by cylinders and segments
of torii. For details see here:
http://www.f-lohmueller.de/pov_tut/objects/obj_300e.htm
These shapes are also integrated in my 'Insert Menu Add-on'.

Happy raytracing!

Friedrich A. Lohmueller

Email:  Friedrich.Lohmueller_AT_t-online.de
Homepage: http://www.f-lohmueller.de/

Post a reply to this message

Friedrich Lohmueller <Fri### [at] t-onlinede> wrote:
> Email:  Friedrich.Lohmueller_AT_t-online.de
> Homepage: http://www.f-lohmueller.de/

good to see such a long time povray user still going on.

BTW, there's a railway challenge going on at Tina-Chep and I thought I might
stand a chance but after seeing your impressive series from 1999 on, I fear I
still have much to learn... :p  where do you guys get such detailed blueprints?

Post a reply to this message

> Friedrich Lohmueller <Fri### [at] t-onlinede> wrote:
>> Email:  Friedrich.Lohmueller_AT_t-online.de
>> Homepage: http://www.f-lohmueller.de/
>
> good to see such a long time povray user still going on.
>
> BTW, there's a railway challenge going on at Tina-Chep and I thought I might
> stand a chance but after seeing your impressive series from 1999 on, I fear I
> still have much to learn... :p  where do you guys get such detailed blueprints?

.. mostly from the web, a list of my best sources you'll find here:
   http://www.f-lohmueller.de/links/indexRRe.htm

You will find also some good blueprints on some of these pages.
But blueprints are not all!
You need to have also many photos to find out how the details really
look like in 3D. Also technical data aubout length, wheel radii are
necessary. Many detective work!
   It's a big help in scale modelling, adding blueprints in the correct
size/scale to a raster plane like shown here:
   http://www.f-lohmueller.de/pov_tut/scale_model/s_mod_300e.htm

Happy rail tracing!

Friedrich A. Lohmueller

Email:  Friedrich.Lohmueller_AT_t-online.de
Homepage: http://www.f-lohmueller.de/

Post a reply to this message

> where do you guys get such detailed blueprints?

Here is a site that has one or two blueprints. IIRC you have to register
but no spam just a news letter.

http://www.the-blueprints.com/

--
Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

> > where do you guys get such detailed blueprints?
>
> Here is a site that has one or two blueprints. IIRC you have to register
> but no spam just a news letter.
>
> http://www.the-blueprints.com/

I've seen it before, but the blueprints of 4-4-0 locomotives are pretty bad.
I'm really doing it by some ref pictures...

hey, I may be able to actually make it till tomorrow!

Post a reply to this message

> hey, I may be able to actually make it till tomorrow!

Good luck

--
Regards
     Stephen