POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.news-submissions : getting coordinates Server Time
28 Mar 2024 07:46:59 EDT (-0400)
  getting coordinates (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Coucou
Subject: getting coordinates
Date: 1 Jan 2010 13:00:01
Message: <web.4b3e3792f4a8fccee40e8a80@news.povray.org>
Hi
Happy new years !
I have a small problem
I written the following simple macro
#macro Foot(c1,c2,R,col)
cylinder {
       C1
       c2
       pigment {color col}

}
#end
with such a call
#declare MyRedFoot =  Foot(<0,0,0>,<0,10,0>,1,Red)
But i would like to calle
#declare MyRedFoot =  Foot(<0,0,0>,h,1,Red)
where h is height of foot. Macro would be

#macro Foot(c1,h,R,col)
cylinder {
       C1
       <x.C1, y.C1 + h, z.C1>
       pigment {color col}

}
but of course it doesn't work like i hope because i do not know x y and z
How to get x, y and z of C1 ?

Thanks a lot

Post a reply to this message