POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.news-submissions : getting coordinates : Re: getting coordinates Server Time
19 Apr 2024 15:59:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: getting coordinates
From: Warp
Date: 1 Jan 2010 14:10:06
Message: <4b3e488e@news.povray.org>
Tor Olav Kristensen <tor### [at] toberemovedgmailcom> wrote:
> "Coucou" <dom### [at] neuffr> wrote:
> > How to get x, y and z of C1 ?

> You can write:

>   vdot(C1, x)
>   vdot(C1, y)
>   vdot(C1, z)

> - or shorter:

>   C1.x
>   C1.y
>   C1.z

  I hate to sound rude, but I really don't understand why give first a rather
contrived answer of "vdot(C1, x)" and then give the right answer "C1.x".
The dot product does produce the same result, but it's a needlessly
complicated solution, so I don't really understand why you even suggested it.

--
                                                          - Warp