POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.news-submissions : PovRay Server Time
5 May 2024 16:14:42 EDT (-0400)
  PovRay (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: delly
Subject: PovRay
Date: 27 Feb 2006 10:50:00
Message: <web.44031eaad27ddf286d8f019a0@news.povray.org>
I am using AC3D to build models and render them in PovRay. I want to be able
to make changes to my model while in PovRay. What data do I put in PovRay
that will allow me to do that?

Post a reply to this message

From: Charles C
Subject: Re: PovRay
Date: 27 Feb 2006 15:25:01
Message: <web.44035ff5f090f24a2869ae640@news.povray.org>
This is a pretty broad question akin to asking what to put in a
wordprocessing file in order to change the wording of an essay.   So the
answer is just about anything.  For whatever you want to do, do a search in
the docs.  If your output is in the form of large meshes of triangles, it's
probably not going to be convienient to manually modify them individually,
but you can certainly (for example) rotate, scale, and translate them as
groups (supposing they're grouped together with something like union{})
with "rotate", "scale" and "translate" respectively.  Another
simple/general thing you can do is change color/texture/finish etc.   Not
sure if this helps.

Charles

"delly" <del### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
> I am using AC3D to build models and render them in PovRay. I want to be able
> to make changes to my model while in PovRay. What data do I put in PovRay
> that will allow me to do that?

Post a reply to this message