POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Multiple POV-Ray instances possible on Mac? Server Time
18 Apr 2024 11:57:22 EDT (-0400)
  Multiple POV-Ray instances possible on Mac? (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: FurBall
Subject: Multiple POV-Ray instances possible on Mac?
Date: 3 Nov 2006 09:05:00
Message: <web.454b4c2ec60c2e44f2985afc0@news.povray.org>
Is it possible to run multiple instances of POV-Ray on a Mac?
I haven't been able to find a setting for this.

Thanks for your time!!

Post a reply to this message

From: Thorsten Froehlich
Subject: Re: Multiple POV-Ray instances possible on Mac?
Date: 3 Nov 2006 09:21:56
Message: <454b5084$1@news.povray.org>
FurBall wrote:
> Is it possible to run multiple instances of POV-Ray on a Mac?
> I haven't been able to find a setting for this.

Mac GUI applications cannot be run in multiple instances, that is a Windos
thing helping users to work around applications that cannot perform certain
tasks in parallel (the way POV-Ray for Windows uses it, as you can that way
have multiple renders running that way), or applications that are so
unstable you don't want them to run as a single instance (the way Internet
Explorer needs that feature ;-) ). You can make copies of POV-Ray and run
each of those on Macs if you want to have multiple parallel renders running.

	Thorsten

Post a reply to this message

> > Is it possible to run multiple instances of POV-Ray on a Mac?
> > I haven't been able to find a setting for this.
>
> Mac GUI applications cannot be run in multiple instances, that is a Windos
> thing helping users to work around applications that cannot perform certain
> tasks in parallel (the way POV-Ray for Windows uses it, as you can that way
> have multiple renders running that way), or applications that are so
> unstable you don't want them to run as a single instance (the way Internet
> Explorer needs that feature ;-) ). You can make copies of POV-Ray and run
> each of those on Macs if you want to have multiple parallel renders running.
>
>  Thorsten

Thanks for your advice!
I would never have tried that, but it works!
Thanks again!!

Post a reply to this message