POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Multiple POV-Ray instances possible on Mac? : Re: Multiple POV-Ray instances possible on Mac? Server Time
25 Apr 2024 15:21:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Multiple POV-Ray instances possible on Mac?
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 3 Nov 2006 09:21:56
Message: <454b5084$1@news.povray.org>
FurBall wrote:
> Is it possible to run multiple instances of POV-Ray on a Mac?
> I haven't been able to find a setting for this.

Mac GUI applications cannot be run in multiple instances, that is a Windos
thing helping users to work around applications that cannot perform certain
tasks in parallel (the way POV-Ray for Windows uses it, as you can that way
have multiple renders running that way), or applications that are so
unstable you don't want them to run as a single instance (the way Internet
Explorer needs that feature ;-) ). You can make copies of POV-Ray and run
each of those on Macs if you want to have multiple parallel renders running.

	Thorsten