POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : getting started on a Mac Server Time
25 Apr 2024 18:20:42 EDT (-0400)
  getting started on a Mac (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: deltajana
Subject: getting started on a Mac
Date: 6 Apr 2005 10:05:01
Message: <web.4253ec42b7386ce0eab3d47c0@news.povray.org>
Hello everyone

Ever since I discovered Pov Ray and saw the rendered images, I wanted to
become a part of this fascinating and eclectic community.

I downloaded the app about a year ago, but have been unable to do anything.

Although I am somewhat proficient with photoshop and painter and I am
learning html, I am coming from a fine art background with no other
computer skills or experience.

My heart starts racing when I think about Pov Ray and I want to learn to Ray
Trace so badly.

Do you think that I can learn to do this or am I too inexperienced to even
attempt it?

I have reformatted my HD and now feel empowered.  Seriously, if the answer
is yes, can you tell me where and how to start to learn this from the
ground up?

Thanks............jana

Post a reply to this message

> Ever since I discovered Pov Ray and saw the rendered images, I wanted to
> become a part of this fascinating and eclectic community.
>
> I downloaded the app about a year ago, but have been unable to do
anything.

> Although I am somewhat proficient with photoshop and painter and I am
> learning html, I am coming from a fine art background with no other
> computer skills or experience.
>
> My heart starts racing when I think about Pov Ray and I want to learn to
Ray
> Trace so badly.
>
> Do you think that I can learn to do this or am I too inexperienced to even
> attempt it?
>
> I have reformatted my HD and now feel empowered.  Seriously, if the answer
> is yes, can you tell me where and how to start to learn this from the
> ground up?
>
> Thanks............jana

    hi jana and welcome.

    first, witch version of os : 9.x or X ?
    second, witch version of POVray : 3.5, 3.6, unoficial megapov... ?

Post a reply to this message